[Development] [OS X] next Qt 5.6.0 question : Freetype (building with -fontconfig)?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:26:55 CET 2016

For further comparison, here's a screenshot showing

CoreText vs Cocoa+Freetype vs XCB+Freetype+Fontconfig

all on OS X, using a theme & style based on QtCurve.

The XCB+Freetype rendering is hands-down the easiest on the eyes for me, though
that's of course all in the eye of the beholder. It'd be nice if the same
quality could be attained with the Cocoa QPA.

I'd be interested in testing different ways to get the text colour right
(backported to 5.6 though ;)).

R.