[Development] QWidget and sizePolicy

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Tue Mar 22 14:24:47 CET 2016

In the docs I find:
"If there is a QLayout that manages this widget's children, the size policy specified by that layout is used. If there is no such QLayout, the result of this function is used."

However in the code I can not find a relation between the sizePolicy and a layout.
QWidget::sizePolicy() simply returns what it was given in QWidget::setSizePolicy()
A layout itself has no sizePolicy, so this also is strange.

Is this probably a leftover and the documentation was not updated or do I miss something ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at