[Development] Should the system proxies default setting be switched to true?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:42:11 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 11 May 2016 13:50:50 Andy Shaw wrote:
> For some time now we have had the means to configure Qt to use system
> proxies so that they are on by default or to turn it on via
> QNetworkProxyFactory. However, this is off by default so it is becoming a
> reoccurrence that people don't realise that it is not using the system
> proxies until later on. Potentially not until after a product has been
> released.
>

> The reasoning that this was not done before was due to the fact that there
> was a problem on Windows with it taking too long in some cases to get the
> information. However this seems to be solved for the most part and expected
> in some cases due to the fact that it is down to the system, but it is just
> an initial start up check in this case.
>

> That said, does anyone see any problems with switching it so that we can now
> have it turned on by default from Qt 5.8? Naturally the configure option
> would stay so people can still turn it off if they wish.
>

> For reference the original thread about this can be found:
>

>   http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-October/007037.html

Last time I tried that switch on Debian (last year?) the proxy was applied to
all the protocols and not just http. I think Thiago or I submitted a patch to
gerrit and I think it was merged.

I'll try to get qtbase rebuilt with that option on and see what happens.

--
Lo que me sorprende de las mujeres es que se arrancan los pelos desde
la raíz con cera caliente y aún así le temen a las arañas.

lis: comentario sobre tu frase....
yo soy mujer, yo me arranco los pelos y VOS le tenes miedo a las arañas....
  María Luján Pérez Meyer (mi hermana)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/