[Development] New Qt 5.7.0 RC snapshot available

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed May 18 06:44:45 CEST 2016

Hi all,

New Qt 5.7.0 RC snapshot available

Windows: http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.7/5.7.0-rc/456/

Linux: http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.7/5.7.0-rc/424/

Mac: http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.7/5.7.0-rc/354/

src: http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.7/5.7.0-rc/latest_src/submodules/

<http://ci-files02-hki.ci.local/packages/jenkins/qt/5.7.0/installers/testing/>

Packages are RTA sanity checked and everything seems to be pretty much Ok. So please test the packages and make sure all Qt 5.7.0 blockers are visible in https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=17619. We are planning to release Qt 5.7.0 rc 1st of June and so on all blockers must be fixed latest 23rd May. Then we have enough time to integrate changes in qt5.qit, create and test the packages before rc.

Known issues in the packages:

- WebEngine and WebView missing from 32 bit windows packages

- Serialbus missing form Windows Android packages

- VKB and qtquickcontrols2 example paths are wrong

Last qt5.git integration in these packages:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/156546/

Patch Set 26: Code-Review+2 Sanity-Review+1

qt/qt3d 7c9331e953700e4c35e4bd3d51ebc49e4c3b0f80..faf56f50608f9391d2a73ed7c61bfdd9c2afab78:
> [...]
> Render::Renderer: eradicate remaining Q_FOREACH loop
> render/backend: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [low-risk]
> QThreadPooler: QVector::clear() no longer sheds capacity
> QThreadPooler: minimize critical section
> Fix static builds
> Make public headers compile with -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant
> GeometryRenderer use new added/removed change types
> Texture use new added/removed change types
> Technique use new added/removed change types
> RenderPass use new added/removed change types
> Material use new added/removed change types
> Effect use new added/removed change types
> QGeometry use new added/removed change types
> QTechniqueFilter use new added/removed change types
> Rename QTechniqueFilter::criteria() to matchAll()
> QRenderState use new added/removed change types
> RenderPassFilter use new added/removed change types
> RenderTarget use new added/removed change types
> AbstractPhysicalDevice use new added/removed change types
> QLogicalDevice/LogicalDevice use new added/removed change types
> QInputSequence/InputSequence use new added/removed change types
> QInputChord/InputChord use new added/removed change types
> QAxis/Axis use new added/removed change types
> QAction/Action use new added/removed change types
> Add change type for NodeRemoved changes
> Add a specific change type for NodeAdded changes
> Moves QSortCriterion flag to QSortPolicy and remove it
> QGraphicsApiFilter: get rid of the copy method
> Technique/Renderer: use GraphicsShaderData
> QGraphicsApiFilter: move all members to dedicated struct
> ShaderData: implement initializeFromPeer
> QShaderData: add createNodeCreationChange member function
> Fix memory leaks in aspects
> Fix QGamepadInput
> QGoochMaterial export and documentation fix
> QGoochMaterial namespace fix
> QParameter: don't manually send property change
> standardUniformSetter bug fix
> QNode: make cleanup a private slot
> Move defaults and geometries out of Qt3DRender and into Qt3DExtras
> Rename QBackendScenePropertyChange -> QBackendNodePropertyChange
> QBackendScenePropertyChange cleanups
> Add convenience ctors that set the change type and observable type
> Fix -Wreorder warning
> Fix TextureImage source update.
> Add Mouse Wheel event handling in the backend
> QVectorize Quick3DShaderDataArray
> Fix comparison of enums
> Rename QScenePropertyChange -> QNodePropertyChange
> Introduce a new base class for node property change events
> If scene has more than one mesh, only the last one added can be modified
> Added the rest of Qt3DCore doc skeletons
> Fix rendering when having multiple leaf nodes in framegraph
> Add new example to demonstrate dynamic component addition/removal
> Use new component added/removed changes
> Add change types for component added/removed
> Silence some unused variable warnings
> QVectorize QRenderTargetSelector
> Fix ClearColor for Scene3D usage.
> QFrameAction: remove virtual on onTriggered

qt/qtwebengine 7d172fcf39fa2a5d7d5202f20c599eb678f6cb58..023168cf91dc7ac11ced1b6a60ca7aa248987810:
> Change messagebox in simplebrowser example
> Remove notifier signals for spellchecking support
> Fix debug-only build on Windows
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7
> Remove spellchecking support
> Add spellcheck autotest
> Adds qwebengine_convert_dict tool
> Use empty default values in spellcheck init
> Doc: Document how dictionaries are loaded
> Remove warnings about missing dictionaries
> Provide a debug version of QtWebEngineProcess
> Doc: How recentlyAudibleChanged and setMuted interact
> Combine candidate icons for a page into a single icon
> Remove availableDictionaries from spellcheck api
> Update Chromium
> Get additional sanitizer dependencies from upstream chromium.
> Cleanup license leftovers
> Revert "Fix unexpected passes in tst_QWebEnginePage."
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7" into refs/staging/5.7
> Add missing icon getter and corresponding signal to QWebEngineView
> Make public API test up to date
> Remove WebAudio settings
> Replace print dialog with a custom one for printing to pdf.
> Disable extensions at compile time
> Cleanup copyright and origin in src/core
> Copyright cleanup in core/renderer sources
> Implement hooks for pepper isolated filesystem
> [OSX] Try and load the widevine plugin where Chrome looks for it.
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7" into refs/staging/5.7
> Add icon role to WebEngineHistoryListModel
> Add changes-5.7.0
> Update Chromium
> Parse logging verbosity levels
> SimpleBrowser: Use new QWebEnginePage::icon API
> Add QQuickWebEngineFaviconProvider
> Add comments to new ResourceType enums

qt/qtscxml 7e885ef3952830b9683d145aadc592c66cec180d..bdbe7d947a65070b59ac24cf9f05247037863ef8:
> Fix valid children according to scxml specification
> Set the event type of done.state events to internal.
> Add qmltypes file to QtScxml types
> Remove dead code
> Don't leak m_doc->root when nested <scxml> occurred.
> Fix the event's debugString().

qt/qtsensors 33d15b76dfdb95da5970b8e0294bbb87ea1eb9a8..f32489e379805c51b28ae5d471491a649283fd8d:
> Update QtSensors QML version for Qt 5.7 release

qt/qtserialbus 1675a0d726e5c07c275c0981cc3deb5ffbcc6afc..ad54496cce03077073660c5c440b0f45b7e46496:
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7

qt/qtdeclarative 9bb640625d1e929f8caac34fa0a0fedeef8687ca..531d00c1909527cb1bc28f17197267ccde408b0c:
> QML: Fix anchors on Windows.
> QML: Remove internal field padding from QQuickAnchorPrivate.
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6.1' into 5.7
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7" into refs/staging/5.7
> QQuickWindowPrivate: Only update transform on polish if needed
> V4: make QQmlEnginePrivate::dereferenceScarceResources inlinable.
> Docs: Prefer Q_ENUM over Q_ENUMS
> Add QVector support to JS sequences
> Fix qmlimportscanner to find Qt Quick Controls 2 styles
> Add Qt::ImInputItemClipRectangle support to QtQuick items
> Quick: expose movementDirection of PathView
> QmlProfiler: Reduce memory usage for file names and URLs
> V4 profiler: Don't duplicate function locations
> QML: Fix qmlplugindump Info.plist
> QML: Replace qIsFinite with qt_is_finite.
> qmlplugindump: skip "private" directories.
> Abort application if QJSEngine is constructed before QCoreApplication
> Particles: Invalidate all group IDs when groups are reset.
> Qml: use qDeleteAll more
> QmlProfiler: Pass detailType directly, rather than as a bit field
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7
> Use QStringRef to optimize memory allocation
> Fix performance issues when handling layout changed in Quick item views.
> QML: Drop unnecessary include
> QmlDebug: Adapt to renaming of Qt Creators "QML/JS" console
> QQuickTextInput: Listen for changes to cursorFlashTime
> QQuickTextControlPrivate: Listen for changes to cursorFlashTime
> Allow target path version in a parent module
> Minor cleanup: Remove unused forward declaration
> Fix assertion in qt_create_image_data()

qt/qtmultimedia 7f286e0965eb31f29c68b1c1e32d2653ae34014e..08e13bfcdb23eabfbc47bca7499b0b8aadce0ac7:
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7
> Skip integration tests when the service is not available.
> Update QML revisions for CameraImageProcessing
> Do not pin Multimedia QML module version
> DirectShow: Improve error handling.
> Update qmltypes for Qt Multimedia
> Mark CameraImageProcessing's new brightness property with revision 2
> Add new QDeclarativePlayList 5.7 items with new QML revision
> Add missing \since tag for brightness property
> Blacklist tst_qaudioinput and tst_qaudiooutput tests from OpenSUSE 42.1
> Add missing implementation for QMediaPlaylist::moveMedia().
> tst_qaudioinput blacklist pushSuspendResume on RHEL 7.2
> Fix unused variable warning
> Blacklist qtmultimedia autotests that have been failing since RHEL 6.6

qt/qtlocation e41c3a9b345536ccee0840ac6f049173aa6a0785..761331ddc841809a4bdc6ca2f2b84c148cb9b19a:
> Fix build
> Update QML version to 5.7 for QtPositioning and QtLocation
> Map.copyrightsVisible is a new property since 5.7

qt/qttranslations 745f8d5329d0d6d98a8577a254d2ee3e7174634e..c95337f7e974c75a88b96c168b6056a1642399bb:
> Update Russian translation
> Update German translations for 5.7.
> make .qm targets depend on lrelease executable

qt/qtqa 4704f79e9be910d9859d2649aa6a060f58c05bf8..32893be6fa2c1068df16479979acf9b3ba7f6bcd:
> Fix benchmark result separation for table driven tests
> Fix formatting of percentage display in the footer
> purge symbian vestige

qt/qtdatavis3d 8427634773505f73ce030cf68761c4719eb03e5c..2f6074fde0ec050c77f881e0d2ce265fa93a0fcc:
> Prospective fix for documentation build
> Skip build for missing opengl dependencies
> Renamed qdocconf

qt/qtdoc 619297421f5fd5f89768cc4161b4f3a7a5c3d575..65397e8c9d7a30bd8a07bfa866ded1428532b840:
> Doc: Add What's new for Qt 5.7
> Move Qt Quick Controls 2 from Tech Previews to Add-Ons

qt/qtserialport 84feab670cce8414ad54f4d19b46291c7fdb14cf..a11fa1dfd529948da961d3d292926a15f9b7005b:
> Drop the Win CE support

qt/qtpurchasing 114352e123021488e14fa81aa154195cbe1ad509..0afcd2efe2c33bbbd5d9b1edc47b0fcccb6ce8c2:
> Fix crash when requerying product before previous completed
> Use Android SDK detection feature instead of hardcoding
> Remove debug output from Android backend
> QMacInAppPurchaseTransaction: Expose native error message in errorString

qt/qtquick1 5e3bd5cb28e7af95b289a617ca2f7a8892498225..26229cfa0b729313893af5674d604e8692dbb946:
> QDeclarativeTextInput: update API to use setBlinkingCursorEnabled

qt/qtcharts 023f3b1edeaa9b5f622ddb7781c82ca3468caeff..7bc9c012efbb987790742ee8905965344be55ea7:
> Add 5.7.0 changes file

qt/qtbase b3fcaea5f2b97d3f562add97aee48cbb469c875a..e64b2234e829cc47872225debcf80d6c06db18f0:
> [...]
> Change some members of QFontEngineFT::Glyph to short
> DBus: use QStringRef to optimize memory allocation
> mkspec: Add multiarch include folder to jetson tk1 device spec
> Add an early-out to QVector::operator+= and QHash::unite for empty LHS
> xcb: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [needing qAsConst()]
> Optimize convert_Indexed8_to_X32
> Improve the script itemization algorithm to match Unicode 8.0
> xcb: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [const-& returns]
> xcb: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [already const]
> Optimize QXcbScreen::visualForFormat()
> xcb: don't iterate over .keys()
> Avoid processing bezier curves that will be clipped anyway
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7" into refs/staging/5.7
> QtNetwork: use const (and const APIs) more
> Fix font fallback for an overridden Common script cases
> Disallow non-character Unicode codepoints in QUrl/QUrlQuery
> xcb: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [rvalues]
> QXcbConnection: add some qAsConst()
> QXcbIntegration: simplify a switch
> QXcbConnection: mark some more methods const
> QPdf: replace a hand-written qWarning with Q_UNIMPLEMENTED
> QJsonObject: use reserve() to reduce memory allocations
> Disable Directwrite 2 when Directwrite is disabled
> iOS: Handle old exclusive build CONFIG names for simulator and device
> Windows/Configure tests: Test for DirectWrite2 more extensively.
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7" into refs/staging/5.7
> QLockFile: move early out earlier to avoid allocations.
> qTopLevelDomain: use QStringRef more
> QtGui: mark more types as primitive/movable
> Android: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [rvalues]
> Android: Make SDK detection its own qmake feature
> Simplify code in QSpdyProtocolHandler::parseHttpHeaders()
> QtNetwork: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [const-& returns]
> QtNetwork: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [needing qAsConst()]
> QtNetwork: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [already const]
> winrt: Skip context validation in ANGLE
> Update ANGLE to chromium/2651
> QWidgetTextControl: respect run-time changes to cursorFlashTime
> Darwin: set SH_BlinkCursorWhenTextSelected to false on Darwin
> QWidgetLineControl: respect run-time changes to cursorFlashTime
> ConfigureApp: fix warning -Wsign-compare.
> OSX: remove tablet->mouse event synth
> Android: don't iterate over .keys()
> Android: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [needing qAsConst()]
> Android: eradicate Q_FOREACH loops [already const]
> QtCore: mark more types as primitive/movable
> QMutexPool: avoid QVarLengthArray of QAtomicPointers
> iOS: (crash fix) ensure we don't clear focus object in a text responder transition
> QtWidgets: Fix qdoc warnings related to inputMethodQuery().
> Moc: use QStringBuilder more
> OpenGL: use const (and const APIs) more
> xcb: remove tablet->mouse event synth; harmonize handle/report methods
> actually enable mocdepend
> Mime type browser example: Add documentation.
> QtNetwork: replace Java-style iterators
> Interpret fixed CSS line-height as minimum rather than absolute

qt/qtwayland 15216555593740029f3c25ee16dc4dc248a017b7..c07dc0c5cd138db2f222c6c58bc5778532cecf42:
> Postpone QWaylandQuickItem size update after setting output
> QML compositors: Adjust for scale factor when positioning subsurfaces
> Don't send release events for uncommitted buffers
> Move subsurface test application to tests/manual
> QtWaylandCompositor: Add support for different EGL buffer formats
> QML compositor: Scale surfaces if bufferScale is not set
> QML compositor: Adjust for scale factor when handling mouse events
> Update the plugins.qmltypes file
> Automatically initialize the quick extension objects
> Rename the quick extension macros
> Compositor API: Add bufferScale property to QWaylandSurface
> QWaylandQuickItem: Fix potential null-pointer dereference
> Remove left over files
> Update the virtual keyboard import
> QML API for xdg-shell
> Add window manager extension to the pure-qml example
> Make window manager extension QML friendly
> Add QML api for client side extension.
> Move drag icon relative the cursor hotspot position
> Fix test build
> QML API for subsurfaces
> Forward declare Wayland types in public headers.

qt/qttools d36d2c3026cae67c119384f47cb2680552c81aaf..570f0f314cbe4603db34d4967b6a7dd35d174eba:
> windeployqt: Adapt to new layout of Qt Quick Controls 2.
> windeployqt: Adjust to changes in QtWebEngine
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7

qt/qtwinextras 6d019d276a4be4e1a20eaf41a16eca64007249f3..8e816f25034287bb3f89317a631075533914102b:
> Add changelog for Qt 5.7.0 release

qt/qtimageformats 42b07b2ddf443d3eafd18e169f2e5ab5e36604a5..68d9cfe5256c91510552c2b16d5efdb01e77ea57:
> Add changes file for 5.7

qt/qtconnectivity f8759f683cfc433c432059e1160d2ab657baaec6..caded2edf69e8a60897653ace1e10b72199c7427:
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7
> Do not pin the QML plugins import version.
> Remove the traces of the discontinued android-no-sdk platform

qt/qtquickcontrols 2ee6ef43d681746d07c1175738184715ce0d84e4..c6713e212ef0b97c45d6466b73220567e94a05f1:
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7
> Remove the traces of the discontinued android-no-sdk platform
> TextArea: disable selectByMouse on iOS
> iOS: Let CursorDelegate respond to cursorFlashTime from style hints
> iOS: Remove text selection handling
> Add support for QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_1_STYLE

qt/qtxmlpatterns fb1dc19bf195c530b7f44d18cc927472b9866a46..9751d3d82eecb4f2c2a805783fbcce9ccd189fea:
> tst_XmlPattern:xquerySupport - silence QSsl's debug output

qt/qtactiveqt b5440b50f23982e7459a66b46ad41f176f67e308..73ee37bebbf724a3ec01b30212ed31002a682083:
> Add changelog for Qt 5.7.0 release

qt/qtvirtualkeyboard 9c401c0881bc92491ef128ca9288d5b7c2c7a33c..0c70872a81aab39465606ab37333caf55064482a:
> Fix hunspell build for Windows targets
> Fix t9write resource library build
> Bump version number to 2.1
> Remove 'enterprise' from QML imports and QRC prefixes
> Remove non-QML references to "enterprise" or old project structure
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7

qt/qtgamepad dee527d22731963096023c298f946ef8cd25a7cc..84b87c222872eb6e49727d773177b7f5b86e9beb:
> import missing .gitattributes
> Fix compile
> Doc: Add basic documentation

qt/qtquickcontrols2 e253427f93248983d18055c5020094799a2c6b3b..8b2e819ab2246d01eb564a52aa08bdf1d55c02c2:
> [...]
> Doc: add missing Tumbler attached properties
> QQuickStyleSelector: fix relative path handling
> Promote QQuickToolTip's repositioning code to QQuickPopup
> QQuickStyleSelector: re-use QFileSelectorPrivate::platformSelectors()
> Register the latest revisions of all template/control base classes
> Doc: add "Popup Controls" group page
> QQuickStyle: fix style name lookup on OSX
> Make 'Usage' section of styles.qdoc easier to link to
> Doc: Add \target to avoid incorrect links
> Set "strong" focus policy for buttons and sliders
> Move autoRepeat out of QQuickAbstractButton
> Universal: notify foreground and background changes on theme change
> Implement case-insensitive style name lookup
> Fix .impl imports
> Be consistent with spacing between sections
> Move individual customization docs into a top-level "reference" section
> Rename the style plugins
> Rename env vars (QT_LABS_CONTROLS_XXX -> QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_XXX)
> Fix Q_INIT_RESOURCE for Material & Universal style plugins
> Update plugins.qmltypes
> Update QQuickDialRing license headers
> Fix controls/qmldir depends
> Doc: cleanup remaining "labs" references
> Update qtquickcontrols2.metainfo
> Doc: rename Qt.labs.controls 1.0 to QtQuick.Controls 2.0
> Fix SwipeDelegate to inherit ItemDelegate
> Update ItemDelegate snippet images
> Move resources to :/qt-project.org/imports/QtQuick/Controls.2
> tst_styles: fix style name casing
> import Qt.labs.controls 1.0 => QtQuick.Controls 2.0
> QQuickStyleSelector: don't force lowercase style name
> Replace activeFocus with activeKeyFocus
> Doc: rename Qt.labs.templates 1.0 to QtQuick.Templates 2.0
> import Qt.labs.templates 1.0 => QtQuick.Templates 2.0
> Add Drawer::dragMargin
> Fix QQuickDrawerPrivate::positionAt()
> Fix tst_popup with transitions (Material)
> Tests: prepare for the upcoming import rename - part II
> Update .gitignore
> Fix 'Undocumented parameter 'style'' warning in QQuickStyle docs
> Fix rendering of squished default Dial
> Dial: make wrap default to false
> Add GIFs for Dial
> Improve default Dial's painting
> Fix-up the use of QQuickAbstractButton::down in delegates
> Chat Tutorial: update the install path
> Rename qtquickcontrols.conf to qtquickcontrols2.conf
> Default: use QQuickColorImageProvider
> Material: rename internal constants for divider color
> Popup: rename close policy flags
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.6' into 5.7" into refs/staging/5.7
> Tests: cleanup templates imports
> Tests: prepare for the upcoming import rename
> Popup: add opened() and closed() signals.
> Material: increase size and paddings for SpinBox
> Update Default style Dial to match new design specs
> Add focus visuals to default ItemDelegate
> tst_button: fix warnings in test_checkable
> Merge QQuickPluginUtils to QQuickStylePlugin
> Doc: rename remaining qtlabscontrols groups and links
> Update Default style ComboBox to match new design specs

qt/qtrepotools 0b1dba7456f0e2cebf0d270bbaa4b04b4883c46e..be3d47ae9560950de0908f0129703e9f7a8d68cd:
> Obtain sha1s from supermodule instead of using branch tips

Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

The Qt Company
Elektroniikkatie 13
90590 Oulu Finland
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
+358 50 4873735
http://qt.io<http://qt.io/>

[http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qt-files/logos/qt_logo_with_text_green_rgb_400x141.png]<http://qt.io/>
[http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qt-files/logos/SoMe/qt_facebook.png]<http://www.facebook.com/Qt>     [http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qt-files/logos/SoMe/qt_twitter.png] <http://www.twitter.com/qtproject>       [http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qt-files/logos/SoMe/qt_linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-qt-company/>      [http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qt-files/logos/SoMe/qt_googleplus.png] <https://plus.google.com/104580575722059274792>       [http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qt-files/logos/SoMe/qt_youtube.png] <https://www.youtube.com/QtStudios>