[Development] New Qt 5.7.0 RC snapshot available

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed May 18 13:04:54 CEST 2016

Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2016, 04:44:45 schrieb Jani Heikkinen:

Hi, thanks for the snapshot that allows us some build tests before any
releases.

I just hit a compile error on the deprecated qtquick1 module, latest src
tarball is for 5.5.1. For qtwebkit, there's the community releases subdir:
http://download.qt.io/community_releases/5.6/5.6.0/
(which does work)

I suggest having a look at https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-49883
and do some consideration how to handle those issues. If modules are
deprecated but should still work for backwards compatibility, then there
should be no change at all that prevents that. Otherwise that module is
"somewhat supported even if we don't like to" - which creates a really
confusing situation for packagers and porters, but (at least I) can live with
that as long as we get updated (tagged) release tarballs :)

So, an updated tarball for qtquick1 for 5.6 would be really much appreciated
(so that it works with 5.6.x and 5.7.x)

Thanks :)

--
Kind regards,