[Development] FreeBSD / Clang / Raspberry Pi

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed May 18 07:21:43 CEST 2016

Hi Sylvain,

You may want to get in contact with Oleksandr who has also done a porting:
http://kernelnomicon.org/?p=598

Olelksandr is in the process of merging his additions to the dev branch while
I'm doing the ports integration in the meanwhile by using patches to the
freebsd ports at https://freebsd.kde.org/ and merging our ports patches to Qt.

You may want to join us on #kde-freebsd so we can find the solution that we end
up without any patches in ports.

>From the qt perspective things like the pi are devices so for consistency that
should land in the devices section (I think Oleksandr has done it that way,
you may compare your patch with his one on his website). For any side effects,
we should discuss whatever is the best solution here.

One thing that should work out of the box is using qtcreator.

Am Dienstag, 17. Mai 2016, 22:50:59 schrieb Sylvain Garrigues:
> Hello,
>
> I have ported Qt 5.6 to FreeBSD / Raspberry Pi and would like to share my
> config. I have a question though.
>
> I have created a « device » mkspec (mkspecs/device/freebsd-rasp-pi-clang/ to
> follow the scheme) and I am using it with '-platform freebsd-clang -device
> freebsd-rasp-pi-clang’ but technically *I am not cross-compiling* as either
> the port is built on the Pi or it will later be on the FreeBSD packages
> building infrastructures which runs QEMU arm simulators which emulate a
> complete arm system (filesystem, kernel, etc). Therefore it’s always an arm
> compiler producing arm binaries on a freebsd system - no cross compiling.
>
> So should I just create a mkspecs/freebsd-clang-rasp-pi/ in the top mkspecs
> folder and just use -platform freebsd-clang-rasp-pi? (no -device option)
>
> I can see that using a device is triggering a cross_compile qmake feature
> with configure, and it has side effects (e.g. no stripping) - hence the
> question.
>
> Happy to hear your thoughts.
>
> Sylvain.

Kind regards,