[Development] New Qt 5.7.0 RC snapshot available

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed May 18 17:15:58 CEST 2016

Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2016, 15:04:24 schrieb Kai Koehne:
> It's the first time I hear someone asking for a tarball for QtQuick1.
>
> I see that people are still stuck with WebKit for some use cases, because
> the
 architecture, OS requirements and API of WebEngine differs. For
> QtQuick, it's IMO really painless to update. Also, last time I checked,
> there were very little  Linux packages left that still require Qt Quick 1.
> So what's your use case?

https://www.freshports.org/x11-toolkits/qt5-declarative/

(qt5-declarative is a misleading name for qtquick1 as the qt4 version was
named declarative, however it is the qtquick1 sources packaged).

We will have to check if those ports that depend on qtquick1 do really need
them (where qt5 (metaport) and qtcreator can go obviously anyway) or if we can
find another solution.

--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden