[Development] [Releasing] New Qt 5.7.0 RC snapshot available

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri May 20 23:23:51 CEST 2016

Em quarta-feira, 18 de maio de 2016, às 15:04:24 PDT, Kai Koehne escreveu:
> > So, an updated tarball for qtquick1 for 5.6 would be really much
> > appreciated (so that it works with 5.6.x and 5.7.x)
>
> It's the first time I hear someone asking for a tarball for QtQuick1.

We WILL NOT provide a QtQuick1 tarball for 5.7. This was advised during the Qt
5.5.0 release, over a year ago:

====
 - The QtWebKit and QtQuick1 modules and support for the QML 1 language
   are deprecated and Qt 5.5 will be the last release to include
   them. Starting with Qt 5.6, the source code for those modules will
   not be included in Qt's packaging. Compiling the 5.5 release of
   QtWebKit modules along with Qt 5.6 or future versions should
   work. QtQuick1 is not guaranteed to work in future versions after
   Qt 5.6.

 - The QtScript module is deprecated and will be removed from Qt's
   packaging starting with version 5.7. The 5.5 and 5.6 releases of
   QtScript should continue to work along with Qt 5.7 and future
   versions.
====

That's because QtQuick1 uses Qt internals quite extensively. There's no
guarantee that it will even compile, much less work.

Yes, this will be a pain for Linux distributions.