[Development] Touch issues with Qt5.6/Qt5.7 beta and weston

Johannes Pointner h4nn35.work at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:53:05 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have posted this question before in the interest mailinglist but
didn't get any feedback. Therefore I thought maybe it would better fit
here:

I have a setup with weston (wayland(egl vivante) 1.9,
weston(desktopshell) 1.9 and libinput 1.14 , yocto krogoth, but I also
tried wayland 1.10, weston 1.10 and libinput 1.2.4) on an i.MX6 and
have some issues regarding the touchscreen.

The first one is that If I touch a combobox the combobox choices show
in a popup but I can't "touch" any selection or more specifically I
can't touch anything any more. But If I have a keyboard or a mouse
connected I can use them to select a choice. After doing this with the
keyboard/mouse I can use this comobox with my touchscreen without an
issue, but only this combobox. For every other combobox I have to
repeat this procedure.

The second one is that without a keyboard connected I can't get the
activeWindow (qApp->activeWindow) which has focus. But If I connect a
keyboard this works.

Does someone has experienced a similar behavior or has an idea what
I'm doing wrong?

Thx in advance,
Hannes