[Development] Touch issues with Qt5.6/Qt5.7 beta and weston

Giulio Camuffo giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:29:47 CEST 2016

> Hello,
>
> I have posted this question before in the interest mailinglist but
> didn't get any feedback. Therefore I thought maybe it would better fit
> here:
>
> I have a setup with weston (wayland(egl vivante) 1.9,
> weston(desktopshell) 1.9 and libinput 1.14 , yocto krogoth, but I also
> tried wayland 1.10, weston 1.10 and libinput 1.2.4) on an i.MX6 and
> have some issues regarding the touchscreen.
>
> The first one is that If I touch a combobox the combobox choices show
> in a popup but I can't "touch" any selection or more specifically I
> can't touch anything any more. But If I have a keyboard or a mouse
> connected I can use them to select a choice. After doing this with the
> keyboard/mouse I can use this comobox with my touchscreen without an
> issue, but only this combobox. For every other combobox I have to
> repeat this procedure.
>
> The second one is that without a keyboard connected I can't get the
> activeWindow (qApp->activeWindow) which has focus. But If I connect a
> keyboard this works.

Unfortunately with wl_shell we don't have an "active" state, so we
activate a window when it gets the keyboard focus. So that will
obviously not work without a keyboard. We'd need to add a sane
fallback.

> Does someone has experienced a similar behavior or has an idea what
> I'm doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, they're just bugs. Please open an
issue on the bug tracker for each of them.

Thanks,
Giulio