[Development] Removal of some of the blacklisted (non-working) autotests?

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Nov 4 09:36:03 CET 2016

Jędrzej Nowacki contributed:
> Even more, we need something that would not allow flaky, badly written
> test to be merged to Qt in the first place, otherwise we would have
> that discussion again in next 12 months.

How practical would it be to coax CI/Gerrit into recognising when a
commit adds new tests, so as to include stress-testing of the new test
as part of the CI testing ?  A half-way-decent start would be to notice
any tests/auto/* files modified by the commit and have the testing make
check in the affected directories several times, instead of just once.
For bonus marks, when the test branch has several commits in it, only
fail the commits that do touch those test files, if those tests show a
mix of passes and fails.

        Eddy.