[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 10:22:18 CET 2016

Maybe we should start another thread about BC?
I'm not convinced that MacOS is the only system when mixing libc++/stdlib
makes sence. On linux you can do the same. If we will use stl, the Qt
version installed from packages can't be used for development, you should
use libc++/stdlib Qt version from Qt site. Not a problem, really.
The problem is the incompatibility between compiler versions. I had a
plugin build with gcc 4.7 and i spent 2 hours to find the reason why it
crashed with library build with gcc 4.8 (i didn't know that compiler
updated on build host). The problem was that std::unordered_map was BiC.
So, Qt have to support each gcc (actually, stdlib/libc++ version) major
version.
And you will have reinstall Qt (almost) each time you update the compiler
package.
Correct me if i'm wrong.