[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 22:44:19 CET 2016

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Marco Bubke <Marco.Bubke at qt.io> wrote:

> Hi
>

> This is a Qt Creator topic only so sorry to disturb every body else.
>

> Like you maybe have learned there are C++ Core Guidelines. They are
> already very comprehensive. What about basing the Qt Creator Code Style on
> it?
>

> I see advantages like new developer can easier grasp out rules because
> they are already familiar with it.
>
> We may have to exclude some rules too because they don't fit to us.

I'm terribly sad that this thread has been derailed in an unrelated
discussion.

Please, could we all *stop* doing that and let's discuss that (*extremely
important*) matter on another thread.

Staying on track: I would love to see (again) Creator as a playground for
how well the GSL can be integrated into a Qt project. Apart from owner<T>,
have you identified some other guideline that you think it might be useful
for everyone?

Thanks,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo