[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Sun Nov 20 13:32:34 CET 2016

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 10:44:19PM +0100, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Marco Bubke <Marco.Bubke at qt.io> wrote:
> I'm terribly sad that this thread has been derailed in an unrelated
> discussion.

Asking about Creator and BC on @dev was a perfect attempt at trolling
as far as I can tell.

> Please, could we all *stop* doing that and let's discuss that (*extremely
> important*) matter on another thread.
>
> Staying on track: I would love to see (again) Creator as a playground for
> how well the GSL can be integrated into a Qt project.

For me it still is one of the main reasons to have Qt Creator at all,
and I still think it serves this purpose well in practice.

For the concrete matter of owner<T> I *personally* see not much a reason
to have it, as for some reason I seemingly rarely ever run into those
unclear ownerships of naked T* and consequently don't understand where
all this hatred comes from. But then, owner<T> is as non-intrusive as
it gets, and since I have a couple of '// owned' or '// not owned'
comments in my code it looks like having that compiler-checkable would
actually make sense. So I would not oppose using owner<T> in Creator
code.

Andre'