[Development] Qt 5.9

Mike Krus mike.krus at kdab.com
Sat Nov 26 18:10:30 CET 2016

> On 22 Nov 2016, at 23:46, Jake Petroules <jake.petroules at qt.io> wrote:
>> On Nov 22, 2016, at 3:42 AM, Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikkinen at qt.io> wrote:
>> - We have earlier agreed that for Apple we will support three latest versions. So this means
>>  * For macOS we drop 10.9 and support 10.10, 10.11 & 10.12
>>  * For iOS we drop 7.x and support 8.x, 9.x, 10.x
>
> Sounds good to me. Already got https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/171940/ and https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/171941/ ready.
sounds reasonable.

> Also propose to "drop" tvOS 9 and watchOS 2 which were the minimums set for the technology previews introduced in 5.8. New supported versions will be tvOS 10 and watchOS 3.
+1, makes sense.

Any opinion, or specific requirements, for either of these to come out of tech preview?

>> - I propose to drop standalone macOS Android installer; One having iOS & Android should be enough
>
> I have a slightly different proposal: remove macOS and Android from the macOS+iOS+Android installer so that we actually *have* a standalone iOS installer. The current situation is confusing for users, and no one wants a THREE GIGABYTE installer when they possibly don't care about the other two platforms in it.
I’m not sure why you would want iOS or Android without macOS but I guess the simplest would to provide the 3 separate installers.

Mike

--
Mike Krus | mike.krus at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company