[Development] macOS CI node segfault

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 09:51:47 CEST 2016

Hi Thiago,

On 08/10/2016 21:52, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em sábado, 8 de outubro de 2016, às 14:44:59 CEST, Sean Harmer escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just seen another segfault on one of the mac mini CI nodes:
>>
>> http://testresults.qt.io/logs/qt/qt3d/8f273f12204fb46ea508393ea9ad3dcd41a498
>> b4/OSXOSX_10_10x86_64OSXOSX_10_10x86_64Clangqtci-osx-10.10-x86_64DebugAndRel
>> ease_Release/3c7a8e84853b9a3cd649d77444b6f1a885819671/buildlog.txt.gz
>
> Where? That log file does not contain the word "segfault", "error" or the
> phrase "segmentation fault".

Something very wrong is going on then. Look at the failed run at Oct 8
2:38 PM from https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/168122/ which is
where I copied the link from. The report on gerrit says segmentation
fault, as did the report when I checked it at the time, yet now indeed
the report has no mention of a segfault at all.

Sounds like something overwrote the compile report which is a little
concerning.

> That said, we've known moc has been crashing on Mac for a couple of months and
> we have no idea what's causing it.

This was a segfault in the compiler when building
.moc/release/moc_qrenderaspect.cpp rather than when running moc but I am
suspicious of some bad RAM or something on the hardware.

Cheers,

Sean