[Development] Multiple Qt branches on Coverity Scan

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Thu Oct 13 15:35:52 CEST 2016

On Thursday 13 October 2016 15:11:18 Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Heads up:
>
> On 03/10/16 22:46, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> > I'm going with "lts" and "dev" anyhow, thanks!
>
> To avoid losing history, we're sticking with the current "qt-project" to
> represent "dev", as apparently it's not possible to rename projects.
> "qt-project-lts" is going to be 5.6. The new branch should be ready soon
> (was told yesterday afternoon, actually), I'll send an email when this
> is done.

Will the -lts version start out with its own CIDs or will identical issues
have the same CIDs in both projects? If they're different, we'll have a mess.

On that note: I've started using

   Coverity-Id: NNNNN

akin to Task-number: in footers of commit messages related to Coverity fixes.
Please use them, too. Maybe we can highlight them in Gerrit and link to the
issue directly, even?

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470