[Development] Compile errors, Qt configured with -qreal float

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Thu Oct 27 00:49:21 CEST 2016

> On quarta-feira, 26 de outubro de 2016 17:40:52 PDT Sergio Martins wrote:
> > That's not enough and probably just 10% of the cost of the solution. One
> > also needs to figure the contribution process and commit. The problem
> > here is not technical, it's about inertia.
>
> I diidn't mean that Ola should contribute the fix. I was merely pointing
> out
> the fix for whoever will have to fix the issue.

I tried fixing it anyway :-)
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/175026/
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/175029/

In any event, this change in qtbase will help too (5.8 only):
>         https://codereview.qt-project.org/175025

That's sort of a "sledge hammer" fix. Wouldn't this make it easier to be
careless about mixing floats and doubles? I think it's a good practice to
avoid mixing when possible, with regards to performance especially on
smaller embedded devices.

Cheers,
Ola