[Development] Compile errors, Qt configured with -qreal float

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 27 22:54:16 CEST 2016

Marc Mutz wrote:
> And, again, by proprietarily extending a perfectly adequate std
> functionality, we lock ourselves deeper into our NIHS, losing new
> functionality provided by newer std versions, in this case: variadic
> std::min/max.

So once again you want to artificially restrict what Qt does and block a
convenient improvement just because the STL doesn't have it. :-( And then
you go and claim the Qt implementation has no benefits over the STL one,
which is no wonder if you prevent any from going in.

And then, you yourself wrote:

> for equivalent elements, min() should returnt the one max() does not,
> which IIRC qMin()/qMax() do, but, notably, std::min/max do not, unless
> they changed it in C++14+

which means that the STL versions are NOT "perfectly adequate".

And just like Alexander Nassian, I also think consistent APIs (no std::*)
should be a goal.

        Kevin Kofler