[Development] Compile errors, Qt configured with -qreal float

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Fri Oct 28 13:14:07 CEST 2016

On Thursday 27 October 2016 22:54:16 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Marc Mutz wrote:
> > And, again, by proprietarily extending a perfectly adequate std
> > functionality, we lock ourselves deeper into our NIHS, losing new
> > functionality provided by newer std versions, in this case: variadic
> > std::min/max.
>
> So once again you want to artificially restrict what Qt does and block a
> convenient improvement just because the STL doesn't have it. :-(

Yes, because the improvement, if it is one, should be made to std::min(), not
qMin().

If it is an improvement, it will pass muster in the committee. If it isn't, it
doesn't, and qMin() shouldn't have such a non-improvement, either.

> which means that the STL versions are NOT "perfectly adequate".

They are. It took two decades for this bug to be noticed, and while it should
be fixed, in std2, probably, code that relies on either behaviour must atm be
considered buggy.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470