[Development] Distributing 3rd party closed source libs

Chris Gilbert cgilbert at knaldtech.com
Mon Oct 31 01:48:30 CET 2016

Greetings,

We use both QT5 and the Autodesk FBX loader in our application - and we
would strongly prefer Qt to NOT link it in.

There is a need quite often for us to update the Autodesk FBX SDK
asymmetrically to QT, and it would be preferable QT doesn't use it in
order to avoid potential conflicts.

Also, I believe there is a provision in the Autodesk FBX library which
forbids inclusion in free/open source software.
(Anti-blender provision)

As a result, I believe Blender and some other applications (UE4) have
done their own implementation, perhaps QT could borrow from that?

Thanks,
Chris Gilbert
Knald Technologies, LLC