[Development] NSURLConnection backend in 5.6.2

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 13 22:15:58 CEST 2016

On terça-feira, 13 de setembro de 2016 20:01:10 PDT Jake Petroules wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Thiago Macieira
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

> On terça-feira, 13 de setembro de 2016 19:44:35 PDT Jake Petroules wrote:
> I'd be blown away if they did and I can't see how there would be a
> dependency. Also using deprecated APIs is a bad idea for app store
> compliance. I believe there have been rejections for that in the past.
>
> But did it work on macOS too? Or was it exclusively for the Apple embedded
> platforms?
>
> NSURLConnection was only ever used on iOS, not any of the other platforms.

Ok, then that's less of a problem. If it could only be used on a platform
where no one will ever want to use it again, we can reasonably conclude no one
will be using it.

> PS: can you configure your mail client to quote text properly in the
> plain-text format?
>
> Tell me how to do that in Apple Mail and I'm happy to. I think I heard a
> couple complaints after upgrading to Apple Mail 10 (Sierra). There's a
> checkbox under responding, "Use the same message format as the original
> message", maybe that will help.

I don't know how. Check with other Mac users. This is not a new thing, you've
been doing it for months or more.

If you can't configure your MUA to quote properly for a mailing list, don't use
it for mailing lists.