[Development] NSURLConnection backend in 5.6.2

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Tue Sep 13 22:58:35 CEST 2016

On Sep 13, 2016, at 1:15 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

On terça-feira, 13 de setembro de 2016 20:01:10 PDT Jake Petroules wrote:
On Sep 13, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com><mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

On terça-feira, 13 de setembro de 2016 19:44:35 PDT Jake Petroules wrote:
I'd be blown away if they did and I can't see how there would be a
dependency. Also using deprecated APIs is a bad idea for app store
compliance. I believe there have been rejections for that in the past.

But did it work on macOS too? Or was it exclusively for the Apple embedded
platforms?

NSURLConnection was only ever used on iOS, not any of the other platforms.

Ok, then that's less of a problem. If it could only be used on a platform
where no one will ever want to use it again, we can reasonably conclude no one
will be using it.

PS: can you configure your mail client to quote text properly in the
plain-text format?

Tell me how to do that in Apple Mail and I'm happy to. I think I heard a
couple complaints after upgrading to Apple Mail 10 (Sierra). There's a
checkbox under responding, "Use the same message format as the original
message", maybe that will help.

I don't know how. Check with other Mac users. This is not a new thing, you've
been doing it for months or more.

Testing that quoting hopefully works properly.

If you can't configure your MUA to quote properly for a mailing list, don't use
it for mailing lists.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com<http://intel.com>

Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at qt.io<mailto:jake.petroules at qt.io>