[Development] QCS2016 Session Notes - QUIPs for Qt

Sergio Ahumada sahumada at texla.cl
Tue Sep 20 22:30:56 CEST 2016

On 20.09.2016 21:26, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 20 de setembro de 2016 19:04:07 PDT Filippo Cucchetto wrote:
>> Really?
>> Shouldn't be better to just announce a proposal on the mailing list
>> and then shift the discussion and feedbacks
>> on the codereview?
>
> It may come as a shock to you, but the Gerrit user interface is horrible.
> Reviewing discussions after they're done is very difficult, since there's no way
> to dump inline comments with the 5-year-old interface we're using (the one
> Gerrit added some time 3 or 4 years ago can do it). Joining a discussion in
> progress is very difficult.
>
> Email is much easier.

which 5-year-old feature are we missing? --comments?

$ ssh codereview.qt-project.org gerrit query 171459 --patch-sets
--comments --format JSON | python -c $'import json, sys;
l=sys.stdin.readline();j=json.loads(l)\nfor i in j["patchSets"]:\n\tif
"comments" in i: print i["comments"]'

this shows both inline comments in
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/171459/1/src/plugins/platforms/vnc/qvnc.cpp

--