[Development] QCS2016 Session Notes - QUIPs for Qt

Filippo Cucchetto filippocucchetto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:12:22 CEST 2016

I could agree, but basically you're saying that the problem is the
tool and not the idea to discuss
the details on the codereview. At the end a proposal is for sure a
document (thus a sort of source file) and so
gerrit would help matching the discussion with the actual version of
the document (imho this could be
harder by email).
Given that i'm ok in both codereview or email...maybe i'm too biased
by github :)

> On terça-feira, 20 de setembro de 2016 19:04:07 PDT Filippo Cucchetto wrote:
>> Really?
>> Shouldn't be better to just announce a proposal on the mailing list
>> and then shift the discussion and feedbacks
>> on the codereview?
>
> It may come as a shock to you, but the Gerrit user interface is horrible.
> Reviewing discussions after they're done is very difficult, since there's no way
> to dump inline comments with the 5-year-old interface we're using (the one
> Gerrit added some time 3 or 4 years ago can do it). Joining a discussion in
> progress is very difficult.
>
> Email is much easier.
>
> --

Filippo Cucchetto