[Development] Managing branches of Qt's git modules

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri Sep 30 12:39:20 CEST 2016

Hi,

just a query as to how people do bulk checkouts of different branches
when working with the Qt git modules. It would be nice to be able to use
git submodule foreach ... but this is a problem because not all modules
use the same branching scheme.

So, what do people do to checkout all interesting modules to 5.7, 5.8,
dev etc on Unix like systems and on Windows?

On *nix systems I've been getting away with a simple bash for loop. But
on windows I find this painful but maybe that's just my unfamiliarity
with windows batch scripts.

Cheers,

Sean
--