[Development] New repository for WebGL Streaming QPA plugin

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at qt.io
Thu Apr 6 07:42:02 CEST 2017

Den 05.04.2017 17:18, skrev Laszlo Agocs:

> Hi,
>
> To clarify, would a qt-labs repo work? As I understand the code still
> needs maturization. It can eventually be graduated to a proper Qt
> module later on. (this also means the repo would not be CI controlled
> for now, but I suspect that’s fine)
>
> It is a bit unfortunate that the platform plugin cannot be part of
> qtbase, but it involves a WebSockets dependency and some additional
> tooling so there’s not much choice left.

Hi,

As you say, this would have just been put in Qt Base if it weren't for
some meta-issues that are unrelated to the size of the feature or
quality of it, so it makes no sense going via a qt-labs repository in my
opinion. It is just a QPA plugin and mature enough that the code is
currently in production in large-scale commercial projects, so I vote to
put it in qt/.

If it turns out that stabilization is needed, there is still time to do
that, but I think the plugin is as ready for review in Qt as any other
feature we regularly commit.

--
Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt
Senior Manager, R&D