[Development] New repository for WebGL Streaming QPA plugin

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Thu Apr 6 08:20:07 CEST 2017

On 06 Apr 2017, at 07:42, Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt <Eskil.Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt at qt.io<mailto:Eskil.Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt at qt.io>> wrote:

Den 05.04.2017 17:18, skrev Laszlo Agocs:
Hi,

To clarify, would a qt-labs repo work? As I understand the code still needs maturization. It can eventually be graduated to a proper Qt module later on. (this also means the repo would not be CI controlled for now, but I suspect that’s fine)

It is a bit unfortunate that the platform plugin cannot be part of qtbase, but it involves a WebSockets dependency and some additional tooling so there’s not much choice left.

Hi,

As you say, this would have just been put in Qt Base if it weren't for some meta-issues that are unrelated to the size of the feature or quality of it, so it makes no sense going via a qt-labs repository in my opinion. It is just a QPA plugin and mature enough that the code is currently in production in large-scale commercial projects, so I vote to put it in qt/.

If it turns out that stabilization is needed, there is still time to do that, but I think the plugin is as ready for review in Qt as any other feature we regularly commit.

I don’t think it makes a lot of sense to put it into qt-labs now, just to move it to qt/ in a month or two. The code is actively being developed, and Jesus is committed to making this something we can ship as part of 5.10.

So +1 for the repo in qt/.

Cheers,
Lars