[Development] QList

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Thu Apr 6 10:58:59 CEST 2017

> IMO, There's no point in QUIPing this, yet, because while there's consensus to
> remove QList in the current form from Qt 6 APIs, there's no general exit
> strategy. I outlined one, but I don't feel it has gained anything near
> consensus, and no counter-proposals have been forthcoming.

However, the way we are dealing with this now is not going to lead to a consensus anytime soon. Few people will read the >200 mails, and many of the mails include unrelated things. Summarizing what we have right now is definitely a good idea. If the resulting QUIP is not a consensus, then there are tools available to modify it until it is.

Ulf