[Development] QList

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Thu Apr 6 12:17:47 CEST 2017

> On 06 Apr 2017, at 10:58, Ulf Hermann <ulf.hermann at qt.io> wrote:
>
>> IMO, There's no point in QUIPing this, yet, because while there's consensus to
>> remove QList in the current form from Qt 6 APIs, there's no general exit
>> strategy. I outlined one, but I don't feel it has gained anything near
>> consensus, and no counter-proposals have been forthcoming.
>
> However, the way we are dealing with this now is not going to lead to a consensus anytime soon. Few people will read the >200 mails, and many of the mails include unrelated things. Summarizing what we have right now is definitely a good idea. If the resulting QUIP is not a consensus, then there are tools available to modify it until it is.

Exactly. The thread on the mailing lost forked into (partially bike shedding) discussions about many topics, and we won’t reach a conclusion continuing that way. Let’s start writing up things in a more structured way, that will hopefully lead us to a better picture on what people agree upon and where we have disagreements that need to be sorted out.

Cheers,
Lars