[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Apr 13 00:11:48 CEST 2017

Il 11/04/2017 15:48, Tuukka Turunen ha scritto:
>>    The reason for pushing to the 5.8 branch is because it *is* stable.  And since it has "... a lot more", the 5.9 branch is not stable.
> I was actually not referring to features, but the fact that quite a lot of bug fixes have been pushed to 5.9 and these are not present in 5.8 branch.

Just so that this is not overlooked: such fixes were pushed, approved
and merged against the Qt Project Commit Policy.

Anyhow, I think we'll have to agree to disagree, let's close 5.8, focus
on the 5.9 release and move on.

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts