[Development] Introductions?

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Apr 28 16:05:41 CEST 2017

On 25 April 2017 at 10:09 I wrote (inter alia):
> [...] the same is relevant for any approver or maintainer: perhaps we
> should tweak our process for introducing candidates for those stations
> within the community; ask that each introduce self in the course of it
> - possibly *after* we've made our decision, so we won't be prejudiced
> by their weird hobbies.  ISTR Lars, when proposing me, just linked to
> my review history in gerrit; that probably should suffice for the
> decision on whether to accept a candidate - but it might be worth,
> once the decision is made, as a matter of course, having the new
> approver or maintainer introduce self, or link to web pages that do
> so.

Just to clarify, as one off-list discussion raised concerns about
pressuring folk to share more than might feel comfortable: I do, of
course, intend no more than that we invite the newly-chosen to say as
much about themselves as they feel comfortable saying.  If they wish to
keep their public exposure to what's visible already on gerrit, they are
of course free to do so.

[...]
> What do folk think ?

We've heard one +1 and no other public response.
Any other opinions ?

	Eddy.