[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 21:46:16 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> 5.6: https://codereview.qt-project.org/157488 &
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/161056
>
> 5.8: https://codereview.qt-project.org/180231 &
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/180232

I have, and that's the reason I cannot easily attempt to produce backtraces
myself

Are those patches in any way a possible fix for DBus signals being delivered to
slots in libraries that have already been dlclose'd? The fact this can happen
suggests QtDbus is still very much up and running, no?

I don't think the other author (Yichao) runs a patched Qt version and I'm pretty
sure that the various users reporting crashes don't either.

It could help if you would confirm that until those patches can go in the
"official" workaround to avoid crashing is a) don't do QtDBus cleanup
(disconnects) and/or b) do that in reaction to QCoreApplication::aboutToQuit().