[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Apr 30 00:51:22 CEST 2017

On Saturday, 29 April 2017 16:46:16 -03 René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Are those patches in any way a possible fix for DBus signals being delivered
> to slots in libraries that have already been dlclose'd? The fact this can
> happen suggests QtDbus is still very much up and running, no?

They may be related, especially if the delivery happens at shutdown time.
Since those patches affect the unloading and shutting down process, they could
affect.

If the issue happens during normal execution, then it's a coincidence.

> I don't think the other author (Yichao) runs a patched Qt version and I'm
> pretty sure that the various users reporting crashes don't either.
>
> It could help if you would confirm that until those patches can go in the
> "official" workaround to avoid crashing is a) don't do QtDBus cleanup
> (disconnects) and/or b) do that in reaction to
> QCoreApplication::aboutToQuit().

Every Linux distribution should apply the patch. No one should use QtDBus
without them. I will not support any use or investigate any crash report of a
build that doesn't have them applied.