[Development] Erroneous Qt TouchBegin event to QGraphicsView ?

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Aug 4 11:10:20 CEST 2017

Patrick Stinson (3 August 2017 18:43)
> I have filed bug reports before but am not sure where the line between
> bug discovery and bug reporting is. For example in this case I am
> partly asking if widget focus is supposed to work this way to avoid a
> superfluous bug report. But it sounds like I should just report based
> on my judgement in the future?

As a rough rule of thumb, if the software's behaviour violates the [0]
principle of least surprise - e.g. by doing something weird that's not
what you expected - and you can't find documentation that overtly says
that's what you should have expected, then it's worth reporting.  It
might just be that we neglected to document it, or the documentation was
too hard to find, but even then we need the bug report, to fix that.  In
other cases, it'll mean the software is wrong - the more traditional bug.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment
(OK, so it has aliases)

	Eddy.