[Development] Qt and IoT infographic

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Fri Aug 25 05:06:56 CEST 2017

I'll find out who wrote that and why.

In our license management systems, there happen to be exactly 12 "platforms" codified, so it's possible someone in marketing looked at a copy of that list in Salesforce or something. That list is:

- X11
- Embedded Linux
- Windows (desktop Windows)
- macOS
- Embedded Windows (i.e. Windows CE, and therefore obsolete)
- Android
- QNX
- VxWorks (which isn't actually an officially supported platform yet aside from that fork of 5.5)
- INTEGRITY
- iOS (tvOS and watchOS aren't yet officially supported either but use the same license platform as iOS)
- UWP (WinRT / Windows Runtime)
- Embedded Android (obsolete?)

Symbian and S40 used to be there too.