[Development] Qt and IoT infographic

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 09:17:02 CEST 2017

> So where's the information about local network discovery and
communication?
Where's the strategy on common protocols and data models? Publish and
subscribe of notifications?

(adding a vote for support of Zeroconf in Qt :
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-30823)

I think that the Pub - Sub support is covered in part by the recent MQTT
addition :
https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/14/introducing-qtmqtt-protocol/

though one would hope that each IoT *protocole du jour* won't have its own
separate implementation
and instead there can be some generic that implements pub-sub, a bit like
QIODevice.

Best,

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier