[Development] Qt and IoT infographic

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:41:25 CEST 2017

> Research shows NO ONE deploys Arduino for real products. It's a maker toy,
stuff hobbyists use to make one-off things and some professional makers use
for initial prototyping. When they get serious, Arduino goes out the window
and they get real boards.

Sure, but if you can't start prototyping with Qt there's not much chance
you're going to switch to Qt when your prototype is running and you have to
start working towards the actual product.

Besides, this comes a bit as disdainful. I work in music research and
*everything* embedded uses Arduinos, Pi, Beaglebones or similar. If you
have seen interactive artistic installations in museums, outdoor
expositions, or contemporary concerts, there is a huge chance there's a Pi
or an Arduino running somewhere. Sure, there aren't "products" that end up
produced thousand times and sold on the counter or at Moser, but they are
shows, expositions, etc. which generate revenue all the same, for the
artists, museums, etc. and need programmers to get the stuff running and
banging sound.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier
http://www.jcelerier.name