[Development] QtCS 2017 QtCore sessions

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:25:32 CET 2017

On Sat, 02 Dec 2017 17:48:19 +0100
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:

> > 1) the std implementation varies with compiler vendors, each one with a
> > different set of bugs, unit tests and sometimes performance. While with
> > Qt, the implementation is more uniform. This to say, I feel more secure
> > using Qt implementations for an application that runs on multiple
> > platforms. And cross-platform is the core business of Qt...
>
> You make it sound as if std implementations are much more buggy than Qt's. I don't even know how to respond. I'm sure STL, Marshal Clow, Howard Hinnant, and all the others std library implementers will be pleased with your analysis.

This is not what I said. I want to say that all libraries have bugs,
without telling that Qt is better or worse.
But for a cross-platform developer, it is better to deal with one
implementation than many.
When a bug only happens on one platform, and you ship a cross-platform
application, this it not cool!

Philippe