[Development] Cross-compile Qt 4.8.x for QNX 6.5.0

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed Dec 20 18:42:39 CET 2017

No, at least not a QNX without any service patches etc installed. But neither QNX 6.5 nor Qt 4.8 is supported here anymore, so don't expect any help here.

>>> You are doing something wrong: trying Qt 4.8 for any new project in
>>> almost-2018. Please upgrade.

As Thiago said. I'd try to upgrade to QNX 6.6 and Qt 5.9.

>> Consulting services...
>
> Who are not infallible.
>
> I still call a mistake to use Qt 4.8 for ANY new project in 2018. Whether KDAB
> or ICS or TQtC actually makes money off other people's mistakes is totally
> orthogonal. Just don't be jack^*&*es and do advise your customers to PLEASE
> pretty please with a cherry on top consider upgrading to software that is
> still receiving security fixes.

Thiago, that's what we're always doing. Nobody I know of advises customers to use old and unsupported versions of Qt.

But those companies you mention do try to help customers find a solution to their problem. The (highly) preferred option is of course to get the customer upgraded to something that's officially supported.

Cheers,
Lars