[Development] Cross-compile Qt 4.8.x for QNX 6.5.0

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Dec 20 19:28:48 CET 2017

On quarta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2017 09:42:39 PST Lars Knoll wrote:
> > I still call a mistake to use Qt 4.8 for ANY new project in 2018. Whether
> > KDAB  or ICS or TQtC actually makes money off other people's mistakes is
> > totally orthogonal. Just don't be jack^*&*es and do advise your customers
> > to PLEASE pretty please with a cherry on top consider upgrading to
> > software that is still receiving security fixes.
>

> Thiago, that's what we're always doing. Nobody I know of advises customers
> to use old and unsupported versions of Qt.

I know you do. I just had to write that because it sounded extremely callous
when I wrote "it's ok for you to make money off other people's mistakes". I
know that it's not the immediate consequence. You do advise them, but if they
insist (for good reason or ill), then I expect you to be suitably compensated
for the work.