[Development] 32bit linux build of qt5.10.0 w/ webengine

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 22 01:00:26 CET 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> To build? At least 8 GB of RAM and please use a 64-bit toolchain. You may
> compile for 32-bit, but you need to use a 64-bit linker executable.

I haven't tried 5.10.0 yet, but 5.9.3 built fine with the 32-bit toolchains
we have in our Fedora 32-bit buildroots (i686 and armv7hl). All packages in
Fedora are natively built, not cross-built, which means that 32-bit binaries
will necessarily be built with a 32-bit linker. If this stops/stopped
working, we will no longer be able to ship QtWebEngine on 32-bit
architectures in Fedora.

        Kevin Kofler