[Development] Shall we turn on /utf-8 compiler option when build qt for Windows?

Liang Qi Liang.Qi at qt.io
Wed Feb 1 14:33:33 CET 2017

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html
msvc 2013 is still supported in 5.8

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5.6/supported-platforms.html
msvc 2010/2012/2013 are still supported in 5.6

Compiler options for msvc 2015: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fwkeyyhe.aspx
Compiler options for msvc 2013: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fwkeyyhe(v=vs.120).aspx

If not all supported compilers support /utf-8 or similar options, what should be done next step?

Best Regards,
Liang