[Development] Nominate Mike Krus as approver

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Tue Feb 7 12:45:44 CET 2017

> On 07 Feb 2017, at 11:29, Edward Welbourne <edward.welbourne at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Sergio Martins (6 February 2017 17:11) quoted
>> https://wiki.qt.io/The_Qt_Governance_Model kind of implies you can't
>> be a maintainer if you're not an approver.
>> "How to become a Maintainer: An Approver who (...), may be nomiated
>> (...)"
>
> However, the next paragraph adds "A Maintainer may also nominate a new
> Maintainer to take ownership of a subset of his / her component" without
> any mention of the new Maintainer being an Approver.
>
> Subsequent discussion appears to have concluded (quoting Thiago):
>
>  Becoming maintainer of anything in a main module implies becoming
>  Approver everywhere, if one is not so yet.
>
> Should I update that wiki page ?
> Should we, in fact, turn it into a QUIP ?

The way we have been drawing our governance model as a pyramid had always implied this for me. But I can see that it’s not explicitly mentioned in the wiki page. Let's add a sentence to the wiki page for the maintainers section. And yes, it would be good to turn the governance model into a QUIP :)

Cheers,
Lars