[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Wed Feb 15 13:39:36 CET 2017

On Wednesday 15 February 2017 12:52:50 Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> FWIW the discussion was on #qt-releases, not exactly behind closed doors.

Everything that doesn't happen in a QUIP or on this mailing-list, or to a
lesser extent, Gerrit, is behind closed doors.

All that was posted to this ML was:

On Friday 10 February 2017 11:59:56 Tuukka Turunen wrote:
> Short summary: The Qt Company has decided to focus development effort to
> 5.9
[...]
> In case of severe
> security vulnerability we would make Qt 5.8.1 directly based on 5.8.0 with
> just the security fix(es) added.

"The Qt Company has decided", not "discussions on #qt-releases indicated,
here's the protocol, what do you think?", as we had with QtCS sessions.

I didn't want to, but I took that kind of opening as a frontal — personal —
assault on me as a Qt Project contributor as well as Qt user.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts