[Development] [root_ptr] GC + Automatic Reference Counting

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 00:46:10 CET 2017

Greetings,

To go back on the main subject, it came to my attention that Apple is
using mostly "Automatic Reference Counting" since 2011:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Reference_Counting

The good news is it's not using the GC which makes the OS hangs once in
a while but the bad news is it still suffers from cyclic references
which I don't think is acceptable for the software industry nowadays.
This means the Apple OS leaks.

root_ptr clearly stands apart, hands down.  I just did my research
regarding all aspects, objectively, in order to mold the best memory
manager ever and I welcome any objection.  I am also glad the
boost::fast_pool_allocator does such a great job in the user space.

Regards,
-Phil