[Development] Branch request: wip/itemviews in qtdeclarative

J-P Nurmi jpnurmi at qt.io
Sun Jan 15 12:37:06 CET 2017

Hi,

> On 14 Jan 2017, at 19:20, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That new TableView is really going to support models that derive QAbstractTableModel? Without any changes required on the model side? So if it works in QTableView (C++ widget) then it will work in the new TableView (QML component)?
> That would be a big win!
>
> Would the view also have transition support?
> The current TableView [1] component doesn't have it, the GridView [2] component does, but it basically only eats list models and requires role foo..

Yes, we’re well aware of the limitations and quirks of the TableView in Qt Quick Controls 1. :) QAbstractTableModel support is considered as a requirement for the new TableView. I’m quite confident we can base the new TableView on the same item-view framework ListView and GridView use, so it can support the same item view transitions and so on.

> Do you plan the new TableView to be a styled component (like one of the many other control components) or a bare component where the user needs to define the delegates for the contents, header and sidebar?
> My preference would be a bare component.

The plan is that the new TableView would be on the same line with ListView and GridView. The visual delegates are left to the user to provide. For those who want ready-made styles, we provide a bunch of simple styled delegates in Qt Quick Controls 2.

--
J-P Nurmi