[Development] Branch request: wip/itemviews in qtdeclarative

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 19:20:37 CET 2017

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM, J-P Nurmi <jpnurmi at qt.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nice, looks great! It would be a very welcome contribution. We could
> polish and add the missing bits in the WIP branch if you’re interested? I
> haven’t thought about the exact details and requirements for
> SortFilterProxyModel yet, but we probably need to support multiple model
> columns. The plan is to make the new TableView support both, “proper” table
> models with multiple columns, and the old way of (ab)using roles as
> columns. :)

That new TableView is really going to support models that derive
QAbstractTableModel? Without any changes required on the model side? So if
it works in QTableView (C++ widget) then it will work in the new TableView
(QML component)?
That would be a big win!

Would the view also have transition support?
The current TableView [1] component doesn't have it, the GridView [2]
component does, but it basically only eats list models and requires role
foo..

Do you plan the new TableView to be a styled component (like one of the
many other control components) or a bare component where the user needs to
define the delegates for the contents, header and sidebar?
My preference would be a bare component.

Lots of questions ;)

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-tableview.html
[2] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-gridview.html