[Development] qt5.8 : configuring the use of PulseAudio and/or GStreamer

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:14:00 CET 2017

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> check whether qtmultimedia/{config_help.txt,configure.json} exist and

They do.

> claim support.

I think I can do better: apparently I have found the culprit. In the Features
section of qtmultimedia/src/multimedia/configure.json:

        "pulseaudio": {
            "label": "PulseAudio",
            "autoDetect": "config.unix",
            "condition": "libs.pulseaudio",
            "output": [ "feature", "privateFeature" ]
        },

Removing the "autoDetect" line solves the issue. As far as I can tell this
doesn't interfere with auto-detection on Linux (tested with `configure -redo -
recheck-all` WITHOUT any -pulseaudio option).

> to verify whether it's specific to the module, also try
> -no-qml-interpreter to see whether it works for qtdeclarative.

Works.