[Development] Switch Qt Remote Objects to a Tech Preview for Qt 5.9

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Sun Jan 22 15:13:45 CET 2017

On 1/13/17, 3:22 AM, "Simon Hausmann" <Simon.Hausmann at qt.io> wrote:

>I scheduled a test build in the CI against 5.8 (as dev continues to be broken).

What are the implications for feature freeze if dev is still broken?

>There are few issues:
>
>1) namespaced build doesn't work

Fixed

>2) license check fails

Fixed

>3) tests run qmake infinitely on Windows.

Unable to reproduce or get details

>4) winrt / msvc 2013 build broken

Fixed

>Simon

Thanks!

As I understand it, there are several remaining steps to convert to a Qt Tech Preview, most of which I need help with.
1) Move /playground/qtremoteobjects to /qt/qtremoteobjects (need The Qt Company help here)
1a) Be ideal to create to rename the master branch to dev at this point (need The Qt Company help here)
2) Enable CI against the repository (need The Qt Company help here)
3) Submit a change to the qt5 repo to add QtRO (depends on #1 and #2)

I’ve started #3 here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/183053, but until the repo is moved, I’m unable to add it as a submodule.

Regards,
Brett